Sodium bicarbonate is one of the chemical which has wide households uses mainly because of its versatility, usefulness and its cheap price. Sodium Bicarbonate is a white crystalline solid, odorless and basic in nature. It is non-flammable and non-explosive.
1. As an antacid: Reduces the acidity in the stomach, used to treat stomach upset and indigestion.
2. Treat Insect Bites & Itchy Skin: it soapy nature is able to neutralize the irritation caused by sting poisons, thereby easing itch, and inflammation.
3. As a deodorant: its high pH converts the acid environment of the sweat on the skin to one not conducive to bacterial growth, thereby prevent to fermentation of organic waste matters in the sweat which is the origin of the foul smell.
1. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliates: The cleansing capabilities of Sodium Bicarbonate is due to its soapy properties. In addition, Its mildness removes debris and dirt from the skin gently.
2. Use as Hand Cleanser and Softener: It gently scrubs away ground-in dirt and neutralize odors on hands.
3. Use as a Breath Freshener: Dissolve in water as used as a gargle will remove the odour and refresh the breath.
4. Use as a Bath Soak: It neutralizes acids on the skin and help wash away oil and perspiration, it also makes the skin feel very soft.
5. Use as a Foot Soak: to reinvigorate the tire feet, and rejuvenate muscles and skins.
6. Make Toothpaste: Many commercial products use sodium Bicarbonate as one of the main ingredients in their toothpastes due to its cleansing and deodorant functions.
Soaking Solution for Appliances
1. Use as a soaking solution for Oral Appliances: such as retainers, mouthpieces and dentures. It loosens food particles and neutralizes odors to keep appliances fresh. The appliances can also be cleaned by brushing with Sodium Bicarbonate.
2. Use as a Hair Cleanser: Sodium Bicarbonate helps removes the residues of styling products leave behind after shampooing ensure that the hair is cleaner and more manageable.
3. Clean Brushes and Combs: It keeps the brushes and combs clean by removing natural oil build-up and hair product residues.
General Purpose Cleaning
1. Household Cleaning: For safe, effective cleaning of bathroom tubs, tile and sinks, fiberglass and glossy tiles.
2. Dishes and Pots; Pans: helps cut grease and foods left on dishes, pots and pans.
3. Freshen Sponges: Soak stale-smelling sponges in a strong baking soda solution to get rid of the smell.
4. Home Appliances: including Microwave and other Ovens, Coffee and Tea Pots,
Baking soda on a clean damp sponge cleans gently inside and outside the microwave and never leaves a harsh chemical smell.
5. Car care: use to neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars, mowers, etc. Cleans car lights, chrome, windows.
CAS: 144-55- 8
INCI: Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
Other names - Sodium Bicarbonate, Baking Soda.
Principal: Solvay Group