Castor oil and its derivatives are used in the manufacturing of soaps, lubricants, hydraulic and brake fluids, paints, dyes, coatings, inks, cold resistant plastics, waxes and polishes, nylon, pharmaceuticals and perfumes
1. Apply to dry, fizzy hair to deep moisturize, nourish, and prevent split ends. Suitable for eyebrows. Adds shine to hair
2. Relieves Muscle Soreness - Castor oil is considered a warm oil that promotes the circulation of fluids in the body. It is excellent as massage oil, and can relieve the soreness resulting from overworking the muscles. Castor oil is a good carrier oil for essential oils. Add a few drops of Roman chamomile oil or peppermint oil to a tablespoon of castor oil to make the massage more relaxing and healing.
3. Soothes Joint Pain- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of ricinoleic acid which constitutes almost 90% of castor oil. A major part of it comes from its decongestant action on the lymphatic system.
4. Treats Fungal Infections - Castor oil has a strong fungicidal property thanks to undecylenic acid, which is a breakdown product of the ricinoleic fatty acid abundant in the oil.
5. Helps Hair Growth - Applying it to the scalp to promote hair growth. The mechanism at work could be the ability of this warm oil to improve circulation.
6. Enhances Hair Color - Castor oil can be used to enhance the natural color of your hair and make it look rich and thick. This oil is a humectant, locking in moisture. When applied on the hair, it preserves the moisture in the hair shaft and makes each strand thicker and darker.
7. Homemade Natural Mascara - Applying just castor oil to the eyelashes every night with a mascara brush can give you thicker and darker eyelashes over a period of time.
8. Deeply Moisturizes Skin - Castor oil can be used to moisturize dry skin. Being highly viscous, the oil stays put, and penetrates deep into the skin tissue and nourishes it with fatty acids
9. Spot Treatment for Skin Problems - Use castor oil to treat acne, warts, and skin tags. Apply castor oil to these ugly skin growths with a cotton swab. Most of these problems seem to get resolved with regular application for one or two weeks. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil may be responsible for this healing effect.
External use only. Keep out of sight and reach of children. Avoid in pregnancy. Avoid contact with eyes.
#diy #hair #haircare #spa #cosmetics #skin #skincare #lotion #wax #cream #Franch #pomade #moisturizing #emolient #golden Log in to see files