CAS NO: None
Moisture: Max 15%
Material: Mixed Wood
Color: Light Yellow
- A major use of sawdust is for particleboard; coarse sawdust may be used for wood pulp.
- Sawdust has a variety of other practical uses, including serving as a mulch, as an alternative to clay cat litter, or as a fuel.
- it was often used in icehouses to keep ice frozen during the summer.
-I t has been used in artistic displays, and as scatter in miniature railroad and other models.
- It is also sometimes used to soak up liquid spills, allowing the spill to be easily collected or swept aside.
- It is used to make Cutler's resin. Mixed with water and frozen, it forms pykrete, a slow-melting, much stronger form of ice.
- Sawdust is used for sausage casings.
- Sawdust-derived cellulose has also been used as a filler in bread.