Ascorbic Acid / Food Grade
**Please note this is concentrated version. Do not consume as it is**
Active form of vitamin C as it occurs naturally. 100% pure (USP/FCC grade). pH 3 (0.5 % solution). White powder, ultrafine, odorless. Easily soluble in water & alcohol.
INCI Name: L-ascorbic acid
- It occurs as a white or slightly yellow crystal or powder with a slight acidic taste.
- It is an antiscorbutic product.
- On exposure to light, it gradually darkens. In the dry state it is reasonably stable in air, but in solution it rapidly oxidizes.
1. It can be used as a preservative in a vast array of food products, including bread, cured meats, jams and jellies, and other sauces and spreads.
2. The Vitamin C properties of ascorbic acid make it an excellent ingredient for vitamin supplementation. Simply adding ascorbic acid to food increases the Vitamin C content.
3. Its is also used in a variety of cosmetics and personal care products including makeup, as well as skin and hair care products as antioxidants to slow deterioration caused by exposure to the air and also to control the pH of the finished product.
4. It also helps support the healthy function of collagen, one of the main skin proteins that determines skin’s elasticity and strength.
Used in Lotions, creams, sun care & after sun products, shampoos, makeup products (e.g. lipsticks).
It is commonly used in skin care products – primarily moisturizers, skin brighteners, anti-wrinkle creams and sunscreens – and as an active ingredient in cosmetics.
More from this collection
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.