CAS NO 1185-57-5
Brownish-yellow to brown powder with faint odor of ammonia.
Solubility: Water soluble.
Insoluble: In Alcohol
Ammonium ferric citrate has a range of uses, including:
· It is used in medicine, in making blueprints, and as a feed additive
· Water purification
· As a reducing agent of metal salts of low activity like gold and silver.
· With potassium ferricyanide as part of the cyanotype photographic process.
· In medical imaging, ammonium ferric citrate is used as a contrast medium.
· As a hematinic.
1. It can be used in bacterial culture medium for measuring aluminum, photography, blue print, blood and so on.
2. The brown product can be used as a hematinic drug for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia; it can be used as food additives.
Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.