CAS NO 9000-70-8
· Dissolves in hot water and sets to a gel on cooling
· Gelatin is nearly tasteless and odorless
· It is a vitreous, brittle solid faintly yellow in color
· Gelatin contains 8- 13% moisture and has a relative density of 1.3-1.4
· Gelatin stored in air-tight containers at room temperature remains unchanged for long periods of time.
Add to cosmetics as a natural thickener
Use in shampoo to add texture and volume to hair, as well as a thickener
Added to candies, marshmallows etc as thickener, base ingredient, and for strengthening skin, bones and nails
There are many health benefits of consuming gelatin. It’s been known to aid digestion and has been used in treatment of intestinal disorders including colitis and Crohn’s disease.It is found in most gummy candy, as well as other products such as marshmallows, gelatin desserts, and some ice creams, dips, and yogurts.