Pine Oil is the oil obtained from parts of pines by steam distillation of fresh twigs, needles and pine cones. Pine trees are so abundant in nature, as such, the oil is widely available and is cheap.
The health benefits of Pine Oil are attributed to its antibacterial, analgesic, diuretic, energizing, antiseptic, and aromatic properties. It is able to reduce inflammation and associated redness, protect against sinus infections, clear mucus and phlegm, cure skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, boost the immune system, fight fungal and viral infections, stimulate the mind and body.
The numerous health benefits of Pine Oil have made it one of the most important essential oils used in aromatherapy. Blend with other essential oils, a wide variety of aromatherapy preparations can be produced.
How to Use Pine Oil?
1. For treatment of asthma, colds, influenza, bronchitis, coughs (including smoker’s cough), or a sore throat: use 2-3 drops of essential oils for hot inhalation. You can also use 4-5 drops in aroma lamp or 4-6 drops in a bath.
2. For injuries, cuts, eczema, psoriasis, scabies, ulcers and other skin irritations: mix 2-3 drops of pine oil to 30 ml of base oil. Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
3. Cellulite fighter: mix 4-6 drops of essential oil and 30 ml of base oil. The resulting mixture of massage to massage the cellulite affected areas of the skin. One can also use 8-10 drops per bath.
4. Problems with digestion: use 2-3 drops evaporation aroma lamp.
5. Depression, loss of strength: evaporate 2-3 drops of essential oil in aroma lamp.
6. To reduce hair loss and brittle hair: mix 10 drops of essential oil of pine and 15 ml of vegetable oil of almond kernels. Apply the mask on the scalp and hair. Leave on for 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.